- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com .
Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our Site (“Account”) or purchase products from our store.
- If you use our services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
- Our Site lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, and safe search settings. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- When you order products on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be collected by or shared with third parties who will help process and fulfill your purchases. We may also ask you to provide certain personal information if you are interested in receiving information about upcoming sales, events and other promotions.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or if you contact us or our customer support team via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Information You Provide to Us.
The Cookies we use include, but are not limited to:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.);
- _shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits;
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer;
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart;
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional; and
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear GIFS, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our Site.
- Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
- Interest-Based Advertising. In addition to using Cookies and related technologies as described above, we may also permit third parties to help us tailor advertising that we think might be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Site (e.g. to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). Those companies may deliver ads that might also place Cookies and otherwise track user behavior. If you prefer that we not share information with companies that use tracking technologies to deliver targeted display advertising based on such information, you might be able to opt-out by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/ or http://networkadvertising.org/choices/ , or if you are located in the EU, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Information Collected from You About Others.
- As part of your use of the Services, we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with your friends. We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends finding each other on our Service, including offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (such as our third party service providers’ import contacts features, Facebook Friends, and contacts in your address book) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book, call log, and/or SMS log, and import your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location and/or social network IDs (e.g. Facebook user name) to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this only for contact matching to help your friends and you find each other. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we will access your address book and we will import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our products by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that help us provide you the services enabled on our Site or companies that sponsor contests for which we have contributed our products for prizes. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the services we provide.
Use of Your Personal Data
- General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- recommend to you products that are available on our Site;
- improve the products offered on the Site (e.g. decide what products to offer);
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide you with a streamlined checkout experience;
- process and fulfill your orders or contact you concerning the status of an order;
- provide improved administration of our Site and services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide you with targeted offers and advertising, including on the Site, via direct mail, e-mail, or push notifications, and to contact you about upcoming sales, promotions, offers and product information. You may receive these offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party websites and media properties, including in social media; and
- send purchase confirmation emails, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from customers who have had positive experiences with our products. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our customers by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post customer feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Our online store is currently hosted on Shopify, Inc., which provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data, including your Personal Data, is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. For more insight, you may want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) and Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
- Third Parties. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the products and services that we offer you through our Site; conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; provide technical support; provide you customer support; understand your behavior on the Site; and/or to provide other services to us.
- Media Agencies; Social Media Sites. We may also share your email address with a third party, such as a media agency, to send email and other communications, including interest-based advertising to you on our behalf. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about you, including based on your email address, with our advertising and marketing partners, and third party media properties, including social media sites, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf and for their own direct marketing purposes.
AS A RESULT, WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
- IF YOU WISH TO STOP LIME & LEAF FROM SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL AT PRIVACY@LIMEANDLEAF.COM OR BY MAILING US AT LIME AND LEAF, 311 CAMERON STREET, ALEXANDRIA, VA, 22314, UNITED STATES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM THEY HAVE ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING PRIVACY@LIMEANDLEAF.COM. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site:
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Security of Credit Card and Bank Account Information. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.